When trying to edit a list from site manager in my SharePoint 2007 environment I got the following error:
File Not Found.
at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.AddAssemblyDependency(String assemblyName, Boolean addDependentAssemblies)at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)
Using the trusty old Process Monitor I was able to trace the source of the error to MOSS not being able to load Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.dll.
I added this dll (and Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.Administration.dll) to GAC and did an iisreset which fixed the issue.
Locations for the dlls above:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\CONFIG\ADMINBIN\Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.Administration.dll
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\CONFIG\BIN\Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.dll
Seems like Apple broke pppd with one of the latest patches to OSX. My SonicWALL NetExtender stopped connecting unless run as root. The error i got was:
FATAL: An immediately fatal error of some kind occurred, such as an essential system call failing, or running out of virtual memory.
After some detective work I fixed this by changing permissions as follows:
sudo chmod a+s /usr/sbin/pppd
sudo chmod -R a+w /etc/ppp
Hope this helps someone. 😉
Today, my Biztalk ran wild and initiated a bunch of Commerce Server catalog import operations. While trying to find a way to abort all of those I came across the CatalogStatus table in the product catalog database.
According to MSDN this table contains the status of operations in the catalog system. Among other things you can monitor the PercentComplete column for operation progress.
Turns out you can also abort any operation by setting AbortRequested to 1, so the SQL below did the work for me.
SET AbortRequested = 1
WHERE StartDate = GETDATE()-1
Just a quick note, mostly for myself: the following error at sitemanager.aspx results from view state not being active. The language setting is unfortunately Swedish, so I doubt this will help anyone…
Webbplatshanteraren: ObjectList ObjectList1 är i ett okänt tillstånd. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SMObjectList.Handle_LoadCompleteEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Just a short post this time: if you experience symptoms like:
- no one able to edit anything on a MOSS site
- weird permission denied errors for admins
- buttons in the GUI disappearing
then maybe your MOSS site got into read-only mode. Happened to us today, just like that. People swear they didn’t touch anything…
Fix this from central admin.
EDIT: Well, apparently I’m not the only one to experience this issue. This blog post describes the exact situation (which is obviously related to stsadm backups) and also offers a possible solution – adding the –NoSiteLock switch to your backup task.
A small script to quickly restore a Sharepoint 2007 content database from backup:
ALTER DATABASE SITE_WSS_Content
SET SINGLE_USER WITH
ROLLBACK AFTER 5
RESTORE DATABASE SITE_WSS_Content
FROM DISK = 'path_to_backup\SITE_WSS_Content_backup_201201122000.bak'
ALTER DATABASE SITE_WSS_Content
Today my customer’s site manager on their Sharepoint 2007 site went bananas. The context menu used to configure list items shrunk to four items from eight.
Apparently this is a known bug in MOSS that’s supposedly been fixed in a cummulative update from 2009, but hey, here it was. In short the RenderXMLUsingPattern attribute on a Field definition gets lost and has to be set back to TRUE.
I’ve made a little tool to do just that. The tool is attached in the archive below. Call it like this:
MossMenuFix.exe http://my.site.com/web Pages
where http://my.site.com/web is the web address and Pages is the name of the list. More info on this is available here.
The DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER ierror can sometimes be resolved by verifying that the called stored procedure exists and that the executing user account has access to it.
Thank you Microsoft for inventing world’s longest constant name and thus screwing up my WordPress layout!
Had a little fight with my local IIS 6 running on a local user account using integrated authentication. It just wouldn’t let me in, no matter what rights I assigned to the user and to the directory.
Apparently this is a known issue documented here which can be resolved by setting a metabase key with the command below.
cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders "NTLM"